English Conversations: Ordering lunch and dinner

Waiter: Are you ready to order,sir?    
Mr.Reyfield: Yes.I'll have the beef stew for starters and my wife would like tomato soup.    
Waiter: One beef stew and one tomato soup.What would you like for the main course?  
Mr.Reyfield: I'll have the Cayenne Pepper steak and my wife would like the Fried Trout with mashed potatoes.    
Waiter: I'm afraid the trout is off.  
Mrs.Reyfield: Oh dear. Err...What  else do you recommend?  
Waiter: The sole is very good.    
Mrs.Reyfield: Ok. I'll have that. Do you have any coleslaw?  
Waiter: No, I'm sorry, we don't.    
Mrs.Reyfield: Just give me a mixed salad then.    
Mr.Reyfield: Same for me.    
Waiter: Certainly. (..) Would you like something to drink?    
Mr.Reyfield: Yes, please. May I see the wine list?  
Waiter: Certainly. Here you are.    
Mr.Reyfield: A bottle of Chablis '99, please.    
Waiter: Excellent choice!

0 comments:

Post a Comment